JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE — REGIONAL PLANNING PROGRAM
JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE
Friday, July 18, 2014
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
MetroCenter, 101 8th Street, Auditorium
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of the Joint Policy Committee Minutes of May 16, 2014
Attachment: Draft May 16, 2014 Minutes
3. Overview of Types of Regional Agency Joint Projects and Role of JPC (Allison Brooks, JPC)
4. Adapting to Rising Tides (ART) Program: The Hayward Shoreline Resilience Study (Lindy Lowe, ART Program Manager and Maggie Wenger, BCDC National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Fellow)
5. California State Legislative Summary and Next Steps for JPC (Randy Rentschler, MTC and Tom Addison, BAAQMD, and ABAG and BCDC)
6. JPC Climate Program Update (Bruce Riordan, JPC)
A. Climate Readiness Institute
B. Alliance for Climate Resilience
7. JPC Organizational Planning Update (Allison Brooks, JPC)
8. Committee Comment
9. Public Comment
Next Joint Policy Committee Meeting:
September 19, 2014
Mike McCoy, Executive Director, Strategic Growth Council
Resilient Shorelines Initiative Interim Findings – staff from BCDC, ABAG, State Coastal Conservancy
The Joint Policy Committee may take action on any item listed in the agenda.
This meeting is scheduled to end promptly at 12:00 p.m. Agenda items not considered by that time may be deferred.
The public is encouraged to comment on agenda items by completing a request-to-speak card and giving it to JPC staff or the chairperson.
Although a quorum of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission may be in attendance at this meeting, the Joint Policy Committee may take action only on those matters delegated to it. The Joint Policy Committee may not take any action as the Metropolitan Transportation Commission unless this meeting has been previously noticed as a Metropolitan Transportation Commission meeting.