Bay Area Regional Collaborative
September 18, 2015
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
101 8th Street, Auditorium
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Agenda and attachments available online at http://abag.ca.gov/jointpolicy/
For information, contact ABAG Clerk of the Board at (510) 464 7900.
1. Call to Order
2. Governing Board Members Comment
3. Public Comment
4. Approval of the Governing Board Meeting Minutes of July 17, 2015
Attachment: Draft Meeting Summary from July 17, 2015
(Meeting audio recording can be found at www.mtc.ca.gov/meetings/archive)
5. Brief Updates from BARC Member Agency Executive Directors
A. Jack Broadbent, Bay Area Air Quality Management District
B. Steve Heminger, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
C. Larry Goldzband, San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
D. Ezra Rapport, Association of Bay Area Governments
6. Presentation on Sonoma County’s Climate Protection Efforts—A Model for the Bay Area and Beyond
· Introduction by BARC Governing Board member Jake Mackenzie, Councilmember, City of Rohnert Park (MTC Vice Chair, ABAG Executive Board representative, Sonoma County Transportation Authority/Regional Climate Protection Authority Director)
· Grant Davis, General Manager, Sonoma County Water Agency
· Suzanne Smith, Executive Director, Sonoma County Transportation Authority/Regional Climate Protection Authority (SCTA/RCPA)
· Lauren Casey, Deputy Director, RCPA
7. State Legislative Round-Up
A. Transportation—Randy Rentschler, Director Legislation and Public Affairs, MTC
B. Climate Mitigation—Tom Addison, Senior Policy Advisor, BAAQMD
C. Climate Adaptation and Brief Presentation on Alliance of Regional Collaboratives for Climate Adaptation (ARCCA)—Kif Scheuer, Climate Change Program Director, Local Government Commission
8. Update on BARC Activities (Allison Brooks, BARC Executive Director)
A. Climate Change Technical Assistance Task Force
B. Program Assistant Position Posting
Next BARC Governing Board Meeting: November 20, 2015
The Governing Board may take action on any item listed in the agenda.
This meeting is scheduled to end promptly at 12:00 p.m. Agenda items not considered by that time may be deferred.
The public is encouraged to comment on agenda items by completing a request-to-speak card and giving it to BARC staff or the chairperson.
Although a quorum of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission may be in attendance at this meeting, the BARC Governing Board may take action only on those matters delegated to it. The BARC Governing Board may not take any action as the Metropolitan Transportation Commission unless this meeting has been previously noticed as a Metropolitan Transportation Commission meeting.
For additional information, please contact Allison Brooks, BARC Executive Director, at (510) 464-7942 or email@example.com.
Posted: September 11, 2015